20″ – Sold by the yard
This ultra-lightweight, permanent fusible webbing is ideal for fusing fabrics together without adding extra bulk. Its unique flexible nature maintains the hand of the fabric and will stay in place even when stretched.
- Trace or draw the design pieces onto the protective paper sheet of Appli-Web Plus. (Remember to use the reverse of the image if there is a defined right/wrong or left/right, such as with lettering.)
- Trim around the image, leaving at least ¼¿ inch of the Appli-Web outside the traced lines.
- Fuse Appli-Web Plus to the wrong side of decorative fabric using a medium temperature on your iron (no steam) and firm pressure. The fusible side of Appli-Web Plus is the textured side – hold the iron in place for several seconds until a bond is achieved.
- After the piece has cooled, cut out the appliqué precisely using the traced lines.
- Peel back the protective sheet to expose the fusible surface of the appliqué.
- Position the appliqué piece on the base fabric or garment.
- Once the appliqué is in place, use your iron to press and set the bond. Use a low/medium iron temperature and hold the iron to the appliqué for several seconds, taking care to not scorch your fabric. *Press again on the fabric side for maximum bonding.
- Finish by stitching around the appliqué with a satin stitch or your favorite decorative stitch.
Remember the traced image will be reversed once it is transferred onto the paper side of Appli-Web Plus! Make adjustments to the original image if necessary.
All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given above is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your iron temperature until you achieve a good bond. Also, remember to press from both sides of the appliqué and apply pressure with your iron! Test before beginning your project!
Use the convenient tape-size rolls of Appli-Web Plus to easily adhere quilt bindings or bias tape to the edges of quilts and home decor items! Eliminate pinning by fusing this tape to the back of ribbons, decorative trims, piping, cording, zippers and more – Appli-Web Plus holds almost anything in place until you are ready to embellish!
Appli-Web Plus adheres to many surfaces, such as paper and wood! Use for scrapbooking, stickers, paper appliqué and more! Test before beginning your project!
For Best Results:
Most new fabric is treated with heavy sizing, starch, chemicals or wax. This treatment can hinder the bond of fusible web. We recommend pre-washing your fabric to remove any finish or starch before fusing – do not use fabric softener.
For the best results, iron your fabric before using fusible web. This will remove any wrinkles – do NOT use starch.
Too much heat applied repeatedly will weaken the adhesive and possibly melt it into the fabric. Be sure to use the iron temperature recommended in the directions. Some RNK webbing requires a LOW iron temperature!
To protect your ironing board and iron, place a sheet of parchment paper (used for baking) under and on top of the fabric when fusing.
If the fusible webbing separates from the release (backing) paper, it is still usable. Simply place the webbing on the fabric, put the release (backing) paper on top (or parchment paper) and fuse into place.
- Weight: Lightweight
- Single Sided
- Washing/Drying Instructions: Cool water and low drying temperature recommended. For delicate fabrics, using a pressing cloth is also recommended.