Heat Press Batting Together is 1-1/2in x 15 yard roll cloth tape that will fuse two edges of batting together. It’s soft, its thin, it stretches, its needle easy for hand or machine quilting. This can be used on any batting fabric content.
Directions for using HEAT Press Batting Together: Iron Settings are Most Important when applying tape. Irons with Teflon plates can use low cotton to fuse tape. Irons without a teflon plate use the new instructions below.
– Test your iron with Tape and batting. 100% polyester batting…low setting.. (high synthetic) and slide the heat of the iron across the batting quickly.
– If needed use an appliqué sheet over the tape on the high loft 100% polyester.
– Test all synthetic mixed battings – usually a wool setting works well
– You may find that the batting looks flat after application with the heat but when it cools the batting is fluffy again.
– With a large quilt batting 93” and adding more width, I use weights on either side of the batting to hold it in place
– Simply lay tape over cut edges and slide the iron over the tape without any pressure – “smooth out the tape” with the heat of the iron.
The batting tape needs only be applied to one side of the batting. It holds through washings and dry cleanings. It doesn’t gum up the needles and can be stitched by hand or by any machine.
- Weight: Lightweight
- Single Sided
- Washing/Drying instructions: Wash and Dry Cleanable